- I have not been arrested.
- Duncan has not been arrested.
- Nobody I know has been arrested.
- I have not become an undercover policewoman (although I may have angered one.)
- I have not been in any way injured or maimed.
- I have not missed (or caused anyone to miss) any trains, planes or other expensive pre-booked travel arrangements.
- Voldemort has not returned to take out the rest of the Weasleys.
- I have not caused any physical harm to our landlord.
The last week has been somewhat rocky, but my flatmate and I are beginning to get back on our feet after the deeply disappointing loss of our apartment, and have been diligently (read: desperately) flat-hunting. Given that the only two-month lease two random foreigners are likely to get is a holiday apartment, I think it’s particularly impressive that we’ve resisted the urge to take out a massive loan and spend several thousand euros a week on a luxury villa. My overall mood at the moment is fluctuating between all-encompassing hatred and slightly alarming hysteria, so I’m going to disperse my rage in manageable increments throughout the next instalment of my year abroad dictionary. Enjoy.